Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Time constraints and justice

I had the recent opportunity to participate in a "focus group". This particular group was no different than any others, but it got me to thinking...

what if jurors felt the same way I did towards the end of the group's allotted time? In other words, at the risk of going into hypoglycemic shock from lack of food, I decided to "go with the masses" instead of explaining to them how I was right and how they were so not in the ballpark like the Rangers in game 7 of the World Series. Damm sheeple.

If I was a juror determining the innocence or guilt of a person, how could I let something like cold sweats and dizziness determine the fate of a man? Then the truth finally hit me. I was not on a jury and I was getting paid for this AND we had a time limit. Low blood sugar can wreck havoc on the reasoning centers of the brain.

People do eat sheep, don't they?

No comments:

Post a Comment