Tuesday, November 1, 2011

AT&T is destined to #FAIL

I spent the last 2 hrs on the phone getting bounced from department to department, hung up on twice (I think they found out I was Asian and probably smarter than them) only to find out that one of their systems is down.

I found this out from a really nice person in their "billing" department. I unloaded on this poor girl but then apologized to her that it wasn't her that I was upset with, but their system and the way the calls are routed. She assured me that she would get an answer for me.

I know that "system is down" is the standard answer similar to Microsoft's "did you reboot your machine" answer, but they need to train their entry-level techs to respond to any question with that statement. Then I would only resent the company itself, not the people working for it.

And although their system "wasn't" down and that there was no good explanation for my loss of data other than possible operator error or sunspots, I took the answer graciously so as to make this billing person feel like she actually had a meaningful job.

I thanked her and told her I would give it 24 hrs and if the problem wasn't resolved, then I would be calling back.

I have a feeling she probably quit that afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment